GDPR: The Implications for the Mobile Marketing Industry
Mobile marketers, publishers and technology companies behind them – all businesses in the industry need to ensure compliance with GDPR when it comes into effect in May, 2018.
If your business is operating in the mobile marketing space, this white paper is designed to help you act now – regardless if you are just gaining traction in your preparations or already ticking the last boxes in your groundwork checklist.
What you will find in our white paper in a nutshell
- Why data accuracy is the key to effective targeting.
- How adsquare Data Alliance demographic segments exceed industry benchmarks.
- How adsquare On-Target-Percentages compare to the industry standard – Nielsen DAR Benchmarks.
- adsquare on-target percentages for all our major markets (France, Germany, Italy, UK and the US).
GDPR in a Nutshell
The legislation becomes effective on May 25, 2018 and impacts businesses that may come into contact with a European citizen, including companies based outside of the EU. Failure to comply comes with the price – fines can reach up to 20 million EUR or 4% of annual gross revenue.
The white paper explains the main changes that GDPR brings, as well as clarifies their implications for the mobile marketing industry:
- Broader definition of personal data (e.g. Cookies, Mobile Advertising IDs or location data are considered as personal data)
- Requirement of a solid legal ground (e.g. explicit user’s consent for processing of all personal data)
- New rights to consumers: right to be forgotten, right to data access and portability
- Requirement of a clearly defined security measures for controlling and processing data
- Increased accountability and record keeping requirements
adsquare Is Your Trusted Partner
adsquare is all set and ready for GDPR. The white paper explains how adsquare complies with the strict GDPR requirements and serves as a trusted partner for audience targeting as well as for data monetization.
Download Our White Paper
A quick recap of what you will find in this white paper:
- What GDPR means for the mobile marketing industry
- Evaluation: Is your organization ready for GDPR?
- Data processing chain and your role in it
- Compliance checklist for mobile publishers
- Compliance checklist for mobile advertisers
- adsquare is your trusted partner for audience targeting as well as for data monetization